Cylinders - is education of the protein or the cellular origin of a cylindrical shape, of different sizes. Protein cylinders (renal tubular casts) formed in the lumen of the twisted, narrow part of the distal tubule in an acidic medium (pH 4,0 - 5,0) in the presence of plasma protein and Tamm-mukoproteina Horsfalla produced by the renal epithelium.
In normal urine analysis (urine tests), it is contained in dissolved form. Deposited in the tubules with the formation of hyaline cylinders in excess mukoproteinov (nephrotic syndrome) and the change in physical and chemical properties of urine (pH, viscosity). Education cylinders contribute to the decrease in renal blood flow, intoxication, dehydration, hypothermia, presence of bile acids in the urine.
In alkaline urine, the cylinders are not formed at high concentrations uropepsina - dissolve. Belichina cylinders at cylindruria depends on the size of the tubules, types - from sticking to a protein casts of the various elements (red blood cell, epithelial).
In view of the influence of various factors on the formation of cylinders at cylindruria and variability of proteinuria correlation between the number of cylinders in the urine sediment and the concentration of protein in the urine is not always observed.
If you have any questions about the diagnosis or treatment uilindrurii, you can specify them with our urologist or a nephrologist on the phone: (499) 130-08-09
- Bilirubinuria, urobilinogenuria
- Cystitis, urocystitis
- Hematuria (blood in the urine)
- Hydrocele symptoms and syndromes
- Ketonuria (ketone bodies in urine)
- Kidney stones, urolithiasis
- Kidney (urinary) symptoms and syndromes
- Orchitis, didymitis, testicular inflammation
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Proteinuria (protein in the urine)
- Pyuria (leucocyturia)
- Uronephrosis, pyelonephrosis
- Varicocele symptoms and syndromes
- Vesiculitis symptoms and syndromes