Pyuria (leucocyturia) - is the presence of leukocytes in urine, a sign of infectious and inflammatory diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract. In normal urine, leukocytes are found in amounts from 0 to 5 in a field of view, the presence of appropriate toilet.
Leucocyturia often is neutrophilic in nature. It is found at:
- acute and chronic pyelonephritis, pielitah, cystitis, urethritis
- polyps and malignant tumors of the bladder or pelvis
- tuberculosis of the kidneys
- abscess of the kidney or break an abscess from the surrounding tissues
- medical nephropathies
- infections caused by various pathogens (Trichomonas, gonococci, mycoplasma, viruses, fungi)
Leucocyturia (pyuria), but not always combined with bacteriuria, and the lack of leukocyturia does not preclude the need for bacteriological examination.
In early childhood, high sensitivity of the kidneys allows them to respond to the lightest of the disease leukocyturia (pyuria). Older people have an infection of the urinary system helps to a certain functional inertness of kidney and intestinal atony.
Particularly difficult detection of pyelonephritis against a background of prostatic adenoma and prostatitis.
Limfotsituriya found in infectious-allergic (immune) diseases, which can also be identified and eosinophilia.
Simultaneous detection of white blood cells and squamous cells characteristic of the damage of lower urinary tract. The presence of urethral strands and leukocytes indicates an inflammation of the urethra.
For topical diagnosis leukocyturia (pyuria) in urological practice using two-and trehstakannuyu sample. The patient was invited to urinate in the two vessels. The initial portion of the volume of 50-60 ml collected in the first vessel, the rest - in the second. Turbidity and color intensity of the urine in the vessels is determined by eye, followed by microscopy of urinary sediment. The third sample is collected residual urine after prostate massage.
Results of the study:
- turbidity and leukocytes in the first glass (is initial pyuria) indicate inflammation in the urethra, which is observed in urethritis
- turbidity and leukocytes in the second beaker (terminal pyuria) confirm the damage of the prostate gland or seminal vesicles
- in the presence of pus in all portions (total pyuria) can think of inflammation in the bladder, pelvis and kidneys (cystitis, pyelonephritis)
Simultaneous detection of leukocyte and granular cylinders indicates renogenic leukocyturia.
Trehstakannaya test identifies the source of pyuria in the prostate gland, if changes occur in the third portion. In this case, the pus in the urine comes at the end of urination, and pelvic floor muscle contraction and emptying of the prostate.
If you have any questions about the diagnosis or treatment leukocyturia (pyuria), you can specify them with our urologist or a nephrologist on the phone: +7 (926) 988-14-23
- Bilirubinuria, urobilinogenuria
- Cystitis, urocystitis
- Hematuria (blood in the urine)
- Hydrocele symptoms and syndromes
- Ketonuria (ketone bodies in urine)
- Kidney stones, urolithiasis
- Kidney (urinary) symptoms and syndromes
- Orchitis, didymitis, testicular inflammation
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Proteinuria (protein in the urine)
- Pyuria (leucocyturia)
- Uronephrosis, pyelonephrosis
- Varicocele symptoms and syndromes
- Vesiculitis symptoms and syndromes
+7 (926) 988-14-23