Sliding B-Twin graft for fixation of the spine
Sliding graft B-Twin set in the intervertebral space when the fusion of bone allo-or auto-grafts in patients with degenerative changes of intervertebral discs (including, in combination with spondylolisthesis I degree) in one or two levels from L2 to S1. The operation was performed open through the rear or front access or percutaneously through the posterolateral access.
The procedure to install the implant B-Twin is installed in the intervertebral space.
Opened implant B-Twin has lordosis configuration, that is trapezoidal in cross section. The length of the implant is standard - 25 mm and the diameter can be different. The diameter is selected depending on the height of intervertebral space at the level of destruction. To this end, the operation is carried out in direct radiography of the spine and lateral projections, CT scan or MRI. The diameter of the implant should be 10-20% greater than the height of the intervertebral gap and length - at least 3 mm less anteroposterior size of the vertebral bodies.
After discectomy and destruction of end plates, it is necessary to reiterate, is it true dimensions of the implant chosen. For this purpose, measuring instruments, which are supplied with an implant. Rectangular curette allows us to evaluate whether selected diameter (it is used during open surgery). Corresponds to the length of the implant the size of the anteroposterior vertebral body is checked using a template-meter, which has the same length as the implant itself.
The implant is installed in the intervertebral space in a folded state (in the form of a rod 5 mm in diameter) with a special device. It also allows you to put forward after the installation of the metal rod segments - the excavation site. In one intervertebral space establish two implants.
Indications for use surgery to install a sliding implant B-Twin determined by the attending physician in the following cases:
- degenerative changes of intervertebral discs in one or two levels from L2 to S1
- age over 18 years, cessation of growth (end of the maturation of the skeleton)
- X-ray data on the level of lesion are consistent with physical examination
- data correspond to the results of neurological studies CT or MRI and physical examination data, in the absence of neurological disorders, conduct a test with the introduction of contrast medium into the intervertebral disc (discography)
- debilitating back pain, significantly limiting physical activity
- ineffectiveness of conservative treatment (physiotherapy, medical treatment, ultrasound therapy, treatment at a specialized clinic) during the previous 6 months.
In addition, the implant can be placed in the following cases:
- surgical treatment of severely diseased intervertebral disc, surgical decompression (laminectomy, resection of the articular process, foraminotomy)
- re-operation on the intervertebral discs (with failure of previous surgery), surgery for recurrent disc herniation and instability of the intervertebral joint, the implant did not establish if the level of lesion of spinal fusion is performed
- spinal stenosis in the lumbar
- spondilolizny or degenerative spondylolisthesis I degree (including after correction spondyloschisis higher degree)
- metabolic bone disease
- neurofibromatosis type II tumor or spinal cord and spine of the patient or his relatives
- acute spinal cord injury
- congenital or acquired bone disease (Paget's disease, renal osteodystrophy), hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, osteogenesis imperfecta, achondroplasia, a history of tuberculosis
- expressed osteomalacia and osteoporosis, in which the intervention on the spine are contraindicated
- infection in the area of operations, discitis, osteomyelitis, fever, leukocytosis, increased ESR
- malignant neoplasms
- treatment with drugs affecting bone metabolism :
- the use of prednisone at a total dose of 150 mg or other glucocorticoids in the equivalent dose in the last 6 months
- the use of calcitonin within the past 6 months
- diphosphonates application within 30 days or longer over the past 12 months.
- the use of drugs in therapeutic doses of fluoride for 30 days. or more over the past 12 months.
- the use of vitamin D in therapeutic doses for 30 days. or more over the past 6 months.
- chemotherapy in the past 12 months.
- alcoholism, drug addiction
- severe obesity
- allergies to metals
If you have any questions, you can specify them with our neurosurgeon or a neurologist on the phone: (499) 130–08–09
- Endoscopic microdiscectomy
- Endoscopic treatment of fractures of the C2 vertebra
- Endoscopic treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome
- Endoscopic treatment of cubital canal syndrome
- Endoscopic treatment of ulnar nerve compression syndrome
- Fixation of the spine in spondylolisthesis, reducing the height of the intervertebral disc
- Fusion and fixation spinal surgery
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty with the "SKy" intravertebral bone expander system
- Laser reconstruction of intervertebral discs
- Percutaneous nucleotomy with laser vaporization
- Percutaneous posterolateral foraminoscopy
- Retractor for a herniated disc
- Technique of sampling and blending sponge layer (Spongiosa)
- Treatment of a herniated disc and stenosed holes