Traumatic neuritis of the trigeminal nerve
For a long time one of the central problems in neuroscience are the peripheral nervous system diseases. Moreover, peripheral neuritis traumatic trigeminal nerve is the most frequent complication of trauma, surgery and dental procedures on the jaws and observed in 85% of cases, and neuritis of the lower and upper lunochkovyh nerves diagnosed in 15% of patients.
Neuritis of the trigeminal nerve of traumatic origin, usually develop as a result of injuries innervation zone of trigeminal nerve, namely, at:
- fractures of the skull base
- fractures of the upper and lower jaws
- surgical interventions on the jaw bones
- operations on the maxillary sinus
- complex extractions
- improperly performed block anesthesia
- wrong dental prosthetics
- the presence of foreign bodies, traumatic nerve trunks or nerve endings (filling material, implants)
Place of traumatic trigeminal nerve, if improperly performed conduction anesthesia.
After injury of the facial bones morphologically nerve trunk with traumatic neuritis trigeminal nerve may be in the following states:
- continuity of the nerve trunk trigeminal nerve is not broken
- nerve trunk of the trigeminal nerve caused detriment of bone fragments
- overdistension trigeminal nerve trunk
- gap trigeminal nerve trunk
To establish the type of damage of the trigeminal nerve requires a clear diagnosis of the level of its destruction. Will require:
- neurological examination the patient
- elektroneurografy (ENG)
- MRI of the paranasal sinuses and orbits
- CT of the brain and skull bones
Clinically, traumatic neuritis of the trigeminal nerve is manifested in the impairment of the sensitivity of the zone of innervation of the affected branches of the trigeminal nerve, paresthesia, constant aching pain of varying intensity. If the damage nizhnealveolyarnogo nerve in traumatic neuritis trigeminal motor impairment observed.
Diagnosis of the level of nerve damage in traumatic neuritis trigeminal nerve, just like any other nerve, produced by ENG.
In traumatic neuritis trigeminal nerve can be observed loss or decrease in all kinds of sensitivity in the area of innervation of the trigeminal nerve, as well as pain on percussion of some teeth. Electroexitability dental pulp in traumatic neuritis trigeminal nerve is reduced or absent.
Sometimes there are separate branches of neuritis of the trigeminal nerve: Chin, lingual, buccal, upper lunochkovyh, palatine nerve.
Innervated by the trigeminal nerve area of sensitivity on the skin of the face.
For the mental nerve neuritis is characterized by paresthesia, pain, and impairment of the sensitivity of the lower lip and chin, the party concerned.
To top lunochkovyh neuritis nerves characteristically stubborn long duration. For the palatine nerve neuritis characterized by burning and dryness in the area of half the sky with the affected side. May be a lack or loss of sensation in the area of innervation of palatine nerve.
Treatment of trigeminal neuritis chosen individually in each case. It includes a set of conservative procedures:
- stimulation of nerve and muscle
- vitamin B, "C" and "E"
- antiviral drugs
- homeopathic remedies
- surgery (neurolysis, nerve trunk cross-linking, etc.)
The use of acupuncture is very effective in the treatment of neuritis of the trigeminal nerve.
It is known that acupuncture applied in traumatic neuritis trigeminal nerve, is aimed at:
- providing anti-inflammatory effects
- removal of edema and swelling of the nerve trunk
- achievement of the sensitizing effect
- increase in the overall resistance of the organism
- the inclusion of adaptive and compensatory reactions
- most complete recovery of the lost conduction impulses through the nerve trunk
The duration of treatment and its frequency in traumatic neuritis trigeminal nerve is dictated in the future state of the nerve and restoring the sensitivity of facial skin and oral mucosa.
Eliminating paraesthesias and pain (neuralgia), on the face and teeth in the treatment of neuritis of the trigeminal nerve is accelerated by the use of physiotherapy.
If you have any questions about the diagnosis or treatment of neuritis of the trigeminal nerve, you can specify them with our neurosurgeon or a neurologist on the phone: (499) 130–08–09
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Peripheral neuropathies (neuritis):
- Facial nerve neuropathy (neuritis), Bell's palsy
- Median nerve neuropathy (neuritis)
- Peroneal nerve neuropathy (neuritis)
- Radial nerve neuropathy (neuritis)
- Sciatic nerve neuropathy (traumatic neuritis)
- Tibial nerve neuropathy (neuritis)
- Trigeminal nerve neuropathy (traumatic neuritis)
- Ulnar nerve neuropathy (neuritis)
- Neuropathy and polyneuropathy (alcoholic, diabetic)
- Optic nerve and retina diseases:
- Opto-chiasmatic arachnoiditis (optic chiasm)
- Pain in the arm and neck (trauma, osteochondrosis)
- Sciatica, leg pain (hernia and protrusion of the disc)
- Traumatic neuropathies (neuritis)
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Tumors of peripheral nerves