Coccydynia, pain in the coccyx or tailbone area
Coccydynia - is a pain in the coccyx or tailbone area permanent or paroxysmal character. Coccydynia (pain in the tail bones) occurs predominantly in females. Coccyx women moveable relative to the sacrum, in contrast to men. This is due to the mobility of the coccyx in connection with the reproductive functions.
Coccydynia (coccyx pain) is caused by traumatic and inflammatory damage to the coccyx, as well as sacral and coccygeal nerve plexuses. It is also possible some connection coccyalgia (pain in the coccyx or tailbone area) Disease adjacent organs (pelvic bones, rectum, pelvic cellular tissue, the pelvic floor muscles, etc.).
Coccydynia (pain in the coccyx or tailbone area) appears when falling on the tailbone.
The clinical picture coccyalgia (coccyx pain) is characterized by continuous or paroxysmal pain in the coccyx or tailbone area, which increases with sitting, epistaxis, defecation, often radiating to the perineum, gluteal region, genitals, inner thighs. Pain in the coccyx is aching, burning, boring character, severely limits the physical activity of patients.
The examination is determined by pain on pressure on the tailbone. In some cases, traumatic coccyalgia (pain in the coccyx or tailbone area after injury) may disappear spontaneously, due to resorption of hematoma, scarring. However, in most cases coccyalgia (pain in the coccyx or tailbone area) is prolonged and persistent, and remission replaced exacerbations.
Coccydynia (pain in the coccyx or tailbone area) is characterized by continuous or paroxysmal pain in the coccyx or tailbone area, which increases with sitting, epistaxis, defecation.
Probably, patients with this syndrome coccyalgia (pain in the coccyx or tailbone area) are for the most part of humanity, patiently looking for their doctor and parts that are "calm" after visiting psychiatrists, doctors, psychics. The problem lies in the fact that the representative of the medical profession, who has an interest in the zone of pain, be sure to find any pathological changes in organs that make up the totality of pelvic cavity.
Often defined by a bend, even dislocated tailbone, varicose veins of the rectum, the bending of the uterus, residual carry-over of inflammatory processes, the deletion of the pelvic organs, etc.
Coccyx men are not moveable relative to the sacrum, in contrast to women.
Since the state of the pelvic organs plays a significant role in shaping the emotional background of the patient, depressive reactions are a must-have this syndrome.
The presence of pain in the coccyx or tailbone area area requires a study of finger rectum. Objectively, the study of a finger through the rectum (per rectum) is always subject to considerable pain in the coccyx or tailbone area area, painful seal in the form of a radial strand to the posterior sector palpation. The pressure in this bundle is accompanied by a significant increase in pain in the coccyx or tailbone area. In the words of patients with deep pain, "jumpy", "boring". Sometimes you can palpate a painful sacro-spinalis in the form of a bunch of very tight strand.
The presence of pain in the coccyx or tailbone area (coccyalgia) requires a study of finger rectum.
Pathogenesis coccyalgia syndrome (pain in the coccyx or tailbone area) is caused by local spasm of the perineal muscles and shortening of the pelvic ligaments. Local hypertonicity perineal muscles did not constitute a singularity at its origin, it arises under the laws of the formation of trigger points of the skeletal muscles. In the isolated form of hypertonicity of the muscles creates the appearance of an independent disease, do not fit into the classical diseases of the pelvic organs.
In addition to the finger investigation coccyx through the rectum just made X-ray sacrococcygeal spine, and if necessary - sigmoidoscopy, orthopedic, urologic, gynecologic examination.
In addition to the finger investigation coccyx through the rectum with coccyalgia (pain in the coccyx or tailbone area) just made X-ray sacrococcygeal spine.
In order to mitigate the negative emotional background may be appointed neuropsychotropic funds.
When treating coccyalgia (pain in the coccyx or tailbone area) elimination swelling, inflammation, pain, restore range of motion is accelerated by the use of physiotherapy.
In the case of pain symptom coccyalgia (pain in the coccyx or tailbone area), the patient may be made of the blockade (c lidocaine, hydrocortisone, diprospanom, kenalogom, etc.).
Of necessity be manual therapy (if the patient has no other contraindications), which improves regional blood circulation and restore the lost range of motion injured tailbone. Postisometric relaxation of the pelvic floor muscles during coccyalgia (pain in the coccyx or tailbone area) is not only therapeutic but also diagnostic methods, relieving the patient from the fear of the unknown.
In addition, at coccyalgia (coccyx pain) appointed physiotherapy - UHF, CMT and therapy with infrared radiation.
Depending on the severity of coccyalgia (pain in the coccyx or tailbone area), the patient may experience the following therapeutic action:
- drug therapy (NSAIDs, analgesics, hormones)
- therapeutic blockade - the injection of drugs into the cavity of the channel
- manual therapy (muscle, joint and radicular technique)
- physiotherapy (UHF, SMC, etc.)
- spinal traction (contraindicated in the acute stage)
- medical gymnastics and swimming (after primary treatment)
- surgical treatment
If you have any questions about the diagnosis or treatment coccyalgia (pain in the coccyx or tailbone area), you can specify them with our neurosurgeon or neurologist by phone: +7 (926) 988-14-23
- Ankylosing spondylitis (Bechterew's disease)
- Back pain in pregnancy
- Coccydynia (sore tailbone)
- Compression fracture of the spine
- Degenerative and hereditary myelopathy
- Epiduritis and spinal abscess
- Low back pain, pain in leg, Sherman Mau diseases
- Lumbago, sciatica and lumbodynia
- Lumbar disc disease (herniated disc, bulging disc)
- Meningovascular syphilis or syphilitic myelopathy (tabes dorsalis)
- Cervicocranial syndrome and whiplash neck injury
- Neck pain, shoulder pain
- Non-compressive oncological myelopathy
- Osteochondrosis and its symptoms
- Osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine, intercostal neuralgia
- Osteoporosis (vertebral body)
- Rules of disability patients care with arms and legs muscles paralysis (paraplegia, quadriplegia)
- Sacroiliac joint osteoarthritis
- Sacroiliac joint pain (sacroiliac joint dysfunction syndrome)
- Sacrum pain
- Scoliosis spine, stoop
- Syringomyelia, siringobulbia
- Spinal cord and spine congenital defects (Klippel–Feil syndrome, cervical rib, spina bifida, meningocele, meningomylocele, diastematomyelia, sacralization, lumbarization, spondylolisthesis)
- Spinal cord compression
- Spinal cord diseases
- Spinal cord and spinal canal epidural space hemangiomas
- Spinal cord infarction (ischemic stroke)
- Spinal stenosis, lumbar and cervical osteophytes
- Spondylitis (osteomyelitic, tuberculosis, etc.)
- Spondyloarthrosis (osteoarthritis of the intervertebral joints)
- Spondylolisthesis (displacement and spinal instability)
- Vertebral hemangioma (vertebral angioma)
- Vertebral subluxation and dislocation
+7 (926) 988-14-23