Spinal purulent epidurit
Spinal purulent epidurit — cluster pus in the epidural space. The cause of acute purulent spinal epidurita is the penetration of bacterial infection in lymphatic (less hematogenically) from purulent lesions (furuncles, subcutaneous abscesses, panaritiums, cellulitis) in the epidural space. A possible reason for the formation of a purulent spinal epidurita women may also be held on the eve of gynecological manipulation.
Most often the pus accumulates in the posterior epidural space. If the abscess is limited, we can speak of the epidural abscess, and spilled the process - about cellulitis. Sometimes the infection moves to the lining of the brain and even the substance of the brain, causing meningomielitichesky process.
Epidural fatty tissue surrounds the shell of the spinal cord. Injection of epidural fat leads to a purulent spinal epiduritu.
Acute purulent spinal epidurit develops quickly. Having a common serious condition, a fever, the temperature rises to 39-40°. Consciousness is usually preserved. Patients concerned about the nature of acute pain of radicular pain in the neck and spine, seen as sensitive and motor disorders of radicular nature.
If spinal epidurit does not extend to the spinal cord and no symptoms of his crush, the Conductive disorder patient will be absent. When compression of the spinal cord and the occurrence of myelitis appear rude paresis, paralysis, disorders of pelvic organs, trophic disorders (bedsores), the phenomenon of urosepsis.
When lumbar puncture irrefutable proof epidurita is getting pus from the epidural space.
Selected triad in the diagnosis of spinal epidurita: the presence of purulent or infectious focus, radicular syndrome, spinal cord compression. Important diagnostic value in suspected epidurit a lumbar puncture (LP). Irrefutable proof epidurita is to obtain pus from the epidural space after lumbar puncture (LP).
In the absence of spinal cord compression in spinal epidurite can be found in the cerebrospinal fluid CSF pleocytosis, with compression of cerebrospinal fluid spaces - the protein-cell dissociation.
In the treatment of spinal epidurita requires intensive use of broad spectrum antibiotics and sulfonamides. In the absence of improvement with conservative therapy in the treatment of epidurita patients need surgical intervention.
The prognosis for the treatment of spinal epidurita not extend to the substance of the brain and spine is currently favorable.
If you have any questions about the diagnosis or treatment of suppurative spinal epidurita, you can specify them with our neurosurgeon or a neurologist on the phone: (499) 130–08–09
- Ankylosing spondylitis (Bechterew's disease)
- Back pain in pregnancy
- Coccydynia (sore tailbone)
- Compression fracture of the spine
- Degenerative and hereditary myelopathy
- Epiduritis and spinal abscess
- Low back pain, pain in leg, Sherman Mau diseases
- Lumbago, sciatica and lumbodynia
- Lumbar disc disease (herniated disc, bulging disc)
- Meningovascular syphilis or syphilitic myelopathy (tabes dorsalis)
- Cervicocranial syndrome and whiplash neck injury
- Neck pain, shoulder pain
- Non-compressive oncological myelopathy
- Osteochondrosis and its symptoms
- Osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine, intercostal neuralgia
- Osteoporosis (vertebral body)
- Rules of disability patients care with arms and legs muscles paralysis (paraplegia, quadriplegia)
- Sacroiliac joint osteoarthritis
- Sacroiliac joint pain (sacroiliac joint dysfunction syndrome)
- Sacrum pain
- Scoliosis spine, stoop
- Syringomyelia, siringobulbia
- Spinal cord and spine congenital defects (Klippel–Feil syndrome, cervical rib, spina bifida, meningocele, meningomylocele, diastematomyelia, sacralization, lumbarization, spondylolisthesis)
- Spinal cord compression
- Spinal cord diseases
- Spinal cord and spinal canal epidural space hemangiomas
- Spinal cord infarction (ischemic stroke)
- Spinal stenosis, lumbar and cervical osteophytes
- Spondylitis (osteomyelitic, tuberculosis, etc.)
- Spondyloarthrosis (osteoarthritis of the intervertebral joints)
- Spondylolisthesis (displacement and spinal instability)
- Vertebral hemangioma (vertebral angioma)
- Vertebral subluxation and dislocation