Arthritis and osteoarthritis
Joint disease - arthritis and osteoarthritis
All the diseases of joints and periarticular tissues are divided into two major groups - inflammatory and metabolic.
In the basis of the first is an inflammatory reaction that develops in the joints and tissues surrounding the joint. Often to such diseases and align changes in other organs: the heart suffers from rheumatism, and systemic lupus erythematosus - the kidneys, and Scleroderma - a skin.
Most of these diseases are called autoimmune. This means that the immune system, designed to protect our body from infections, tumors and other diseases, behaves poorly - he was "attacking" our own body (the word "autoimmune" can be decoded as immunity directed against itself).
Arthritis - an inflammation of the joints. Arthritis pain occurs in joints on motion, as well as in peace. Arthritis joints appear swollen due to edema, sometimes - they turn red and become hot to the touch, limited movement in them.
Osteoarthritis - is dystrophic diseases of joints, which breaks down the articular cartilage.
The most common of arthrosis or osteoarthrosis:
- coxarthrosis (hip lesion)
- gonarthrosis (knee lesion)
- scapulohumeral periarthrosis
- arthrosis of ankle in trauma and sprains or ankle fracture
- osteoarthritis of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ)
Bursitis - an inflammation periarthric bags. Bursitis often develops after direct mechanical trauma in the joint. Accompanied by bursitis pronounced local edema with limited joint mobility.
Arthritis and osteoarthritis diagnosis
At the core of metabolic diseases of the joints are a variety of metabolic disorders. As a result of such shifts change the biochemical reactions that occur in the tissues of the joint. As a result, cartilage degenerates, in some places destroyed, it postponed the various salts. All of this changes the surface of the inflamed joint and the structure of its cartilage.
To clarify the nature of the changes in the affected joint is required:
- examination of the patient
- complete blood test
- MRI or CT of the joint
Arthritis and osteoarthritis treatment
Depending on the degree and type of arthritis or joint damage of osteoarthritis, the following therapeutic action:
- drug therapy (NSAIDs, analgesics, hormones)
- therapeutic injections - injections of drugs into the joint cavity
- manual therapy (muscle and joint technology)
- physiotherapy (UHF, electrophoresis)
To reduce swelling and inflammation in the joints in arthritis or osteoarthritis is assigned UHF therapy. Appointed by the warm baths, physiotherapy exercises, massage muscles damaged limbs, tight bandaging of the joint or bearing retainer cords for the entire period of follow-up care in the first 2-3 weeks.
The patient was allowed to walk, loading the patient limb in a special brace holder ligaments of the knee joint.
- Achilles tendon inflammation (paratenonitis, ahillobursitis)
- Achilles tendon injury (sprain, rupture)
- Ankle and foot sprain
- Arthritis and arthrosis (osteoarthritis):
- Autoimmune connective tissue disease:
- Bunion (hallux valgus)
- Epicondylitis ("tennis elbow")
- Joint ankylosis
- Joint contractures
- Joint dislocation:
- Knee joint (ligaments and meniscus) injury
- Metabolic bone disease:
- Myositis, fibromyalgia (muscle pain)
- Plantar fasciitis (heel spurs)
- Tenosynovitis (infectious, stenosing)
- Vitamin D and parathyroid hormone