Orchitis, didymitis, testicular inflammation
Orchitis - a disease in which there is inflammation of the testicle. Typically, the disease is a complication of various infectious diseases (in most cases of mumps), diseases of the genitourinary system (urethritis, prostatitis, epididymitis, etc.), genital infections, injuries testicle.
Anatomy of the male genitalia.
Depending on the causative agent orchitis (testicular inflammation) is divided into:
- specific, which are caused by syphilis, brucellosis, tuberculosis, actinomycosis, etc.
- nonspecific caused by viruses, bacteria, protozoa
In recent years, the most common cause of orchitis (testicular inflammation) are infections, sexually transmitted infections: chlamydia, mycoplasma, ureaplasma, gonococci, trichomonas, etc.
According to the severity of symptoms and duration orchitis (testicular inflammation) distinguish acute and chronic inflammation of the testicle. The main symptoms of acute orchitis (testicular inflammation) are:
- pain in the scrotum - the patient experiences severe pain in one half of the scrotum, where the inflammatory process has begun. Pain pays the groin, perineum, lower back and sacrum
- scrotum increases, her skin is smooth, red and hot
Patients with orchitis palpation sore testicle painful, its size is increased, deteriorating overall health (fever, headache, nausea, chills).
For the diagnosis of testicular inflammation (orchitis) is carried
- microscopic examination of smears from the urethra
- urinalysis in three portions
- PCR diagnosis on sexual infections
- inoculation of conditionally pathogenic flora to determine sensitivity to antibiotics
- microscopic examination of prostatic secretions and analysis on the prostate-specific antigen (for suspected prostatitis)
Scrotal ultrasonography were normal.
Treatment for orchitis (testicular inflammation) requires an integrated approach. To do this, should be suppression of infection, treatment of opportunistic diseases, the causes contributing to the development of orchitis (testicular inflammation):
- antibacterial therapy
- alcohol-balsamic compresses
- fixation of the scrotum
In chronic orchitis (testicular inflammation), when from an acute inflammation, are shown physiotherapy. In the case of testicular abscesses held its opening and washing, if it has not brought positive results, then spend orchiectomy (removal of the affected testicle).
If time does not begin treatment orchitis (testicular inflammation), the disease becomes chronic. As a rule, chronic inflammation egg (chronic orchitis) occurs on a background of chronic prostatitis, vesiculitis, urethritis, etc. Left untreated, orchitis (testicular inflammation) after 1-2 months of the egg begins to atrophy may develop purulent process, the inflammation extends to the second egg. All this leads to a significant reduction in sperm, which are produced and as a result, the cause of infertility.
If you have any questions about the diagnosis or treatment of orchitis, you can specify them with our urologist or a nephrologist poozvoniv by phone: +7 (926) 988-14-23
- Bilirubinuria, urobilinogenuria
- Cystitis, urocystitis
- Hematuria (blood in the urine)
- Hydrocele symptoms and syndromes
- Ketonuria (ketone bodies in urine)
- Kidney stones, urolithiasis
- Kidney (urinary) symptoms and syndromes
- Orchitis, didymitis, testicular inflammation
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Proteinuria (protein in the urine)
- Pyuria (leucocyturia)
- Uronephrosis, pyelonephrosis
- Varicocele symptoms and syndromes
- Vesiculitis symptoms and syndromes
+7 (926) 988-14-23