Neuritis of the ulnar nerve
Ulnar nerve (n. ulnaris) — is mixed in the functions (also responsible for movement and sensitivity) of the nerve. The ulnar nerve is composed of fibers of spinal nerves C8-Th1-Th2, passing in the bottom barrel first, then the internal beam of the brachial plexus.
Damage to the ulnar nerve (neuritis of the ulnar nerve) at the site of fractures of the humerus.
Damage to the ulnar nerve (as a result of surgery, injury, including after the injection, shocks and prolonged crossclamping, fractures and dislocations of the joints), accompanied by inflammatory changes in it (neuritis of the ulnar nerve) and manifests itself as a impairment of motor and sensory functions in its area of innervation at hand.
If it affects the spinal nerves C8-Th1-Th2 of the lower trunk and the internal beam of brachial plexus function of the ulnar nerve suffers the same in conjunction with lesions of cutaneous nerves of the internal shoulder and forearm and a partial dysfunction of the median nerve, the lower leg (the weakening of the flexor muscles of the fingers tenor), that creates a clinical picture of Dejerine Klumpke's syndrome.
Ulnar nerve motor function consists mainly in the palm of hand flexion, flexion V, IV and part III of fingers, bringing the fingers, their breeding and bringing the thumb. Besides the ulnar nerve motor function is unbending middle and end phalanges. With respect to the innervation of movement of fingers II-III ulnar nerve function is conjugate with the function of the median nerve, with the ulnar nerve has a preferential relationship to the functions V and IV, and the median nerve - to the function II and III fingers.
Zone impairment sensitivity at the ulnar nerve neuritis.
Ulnar nerve sensory fibers innervate the skin of the ulnar edge of the brush, V, and part IV, at least - III fingers. Complete damage of the ulnar nerve is the weakening of palmar flexion hand, the absence of flexion IV and V, in part III of fingers, the impossibility of reducing breeding and fingers, especially V and IV, the impossibility of bringing the thumb.
Surface sensitivity in ulnar nerve neuritis usually broken on the skin of V and second half of the IV finger and corresponding ulnar surface of the brush. Joint-muscular feeling when the ulnar neuritis nerves in his little finger. Pain in lesions of the ulnar nerve, not uncommon, usually radiates to the little finger. Possible cyanosis (cyanosis), impairments of sweating and a decrease in skin temperature in a zone roughly coincides with a site-sensitive disorders.
Atrophy of the muscles of the hand in the damage of the ulnar nerve are the distinctly visible retractions intercostals spaces, especially the first, and a sharp flattening gipotenora. As a result of the damage of the ulnar nerve (ulnar nerve in neuritis) brush takes the form of "bird-clawed feet, with unbending core phalanges observed bending middle and end, so take your fingers claw position. This is especially sharply expressed with respect to V and IV fingers. Simultaneously, several fingers apart, especially IV and withdrawn, mainly, V fingers.
Diagnosis of the level of damage to the ulnar nerve in neuritis produced by ENG.
The first branch of his ulnar nerve gives only the forearm, so damage him all the way to the elbow and upper forearm gives the same clinical picture.
The damage of the ulnar nerve in the middle and lower thirds of the forearm leaves intact innervation of the deep flexor muscles of the fingers and palms, in virtue of which does not suffer from palmar flexion of wrist and flexion of the terminal phalanges IV and V fingers. But the degree of "clawed" brush increases.
The use of acupuncture is very effective in the treatment of neuritis of the ulnar nerve.
To determine the movement disorders arising from lesions of the ulnar nerve (with neuritis of ulnar nerve) compression hand into a fist, there are the following basic tests:
- When you compress your hands into a fist V and IV, part III fingers bend enough.
- Flexion of the terminal phalanx of the V finger, or "scrape" the little finger on the table when tightly adjoining palm feasible.
- Unable to bring the fingers, especially V and IV.
- A sample of thumb: the patient stretches the strip of paper, seized it with both hands between the bent finger and thumb rectified, with the damage of the ulnar nerve and, hence, resulting in paralysis of the thumb muscles, bringing the thumb and not a strip of paper is not kept straightened thumb. In an effort to keep the paper the patient flexes the terminal phalanx of the thumb with the flexor muscle of thumb, innervated by the median nerve.
Treatment of ulnar nerve neuritis chosen individually in each case. It includes a set of conservative procedures:
- stimulation of nerve and muscle
- vitamin B, "C" and "E"
- antiviral drugs
- homeopathic remedies
- surgery (neurolysis, nerve trunk cross-linking, etc.)
Removal of paresthesia and pain, restoration of strength in the muscles in the treatment of neuritis of the ulnar nerve is accelerated by the use of physiotherapy.
If you have any questions about the diagnosis or treatment of neuritis of the ulnar nerve, you can specify them with our neurosurgeon or a neurologist on the phone: (499) 130–08–09
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Eyeball and visual pathway:
- Peripheral neuropathies (neuritis):
- Facial nerve neuropathy (neuritis), Bell's palsy
- Median nerve neuropathy (neuritis)
- Peroneal nerve neuropathy (neuritis)
- Radial nerve neuropathy (neuritis)
- Sciatic nerve neuropathy (traumatic neuritis)
- Tibial nerve neuropathy (neuritis)
- Trigeminal nerve neuropathy (traumatic neuritis)
- Ulnar nerve neuropathy (neuritis)
- Neuropathy and polyneuropathy (alcoholic, diabetic)
- Optic nerve and retina diseases:
- Opto-chiasmatic arachnoiditis (optic chiasm)
- Pain in the arm and neck (trauma, osteochondrosis)
- Sciatica, leg pain (hernia and protrusion of the disc)
- Traumatic neuropathies (neuritis)
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Tumors of peripheral nerves
+7 (926) 988-14-23